May 13, 2008

An Evangelical Manifesto round-up

There seems to be no shortage of discussion about the Evangelical Manifesto published last week. I have put down a few thoughts, and I have also come across a number of others who have commented on it as well. I will attempt to gather at least some of them here, because I think they facilitate a great discussion about the term "evangelical" and also about the loose movement to which it may somehow apply.

The announcement of the manifesto by Religion News Service in CT.

James K. A. Smith at Generous Orthodoxy has a critical appraisal in two posts: post 1, post 2

John Stackhouse has a relatively appreciative appraisal.

Darrell Bock, one of the charter signatories, has some responses to the ongoing discussion.

Os Guiness comments in an article for CT, discussing the need for civility in public discourse.

As I stumble across more, I'll try to update them here.

No comments: